The School of Architecture is being established as part of the Punjab Tianjin University of Technology, Lahore. This university is being established with active collaboration of the Government of Punjab with three distinguished universities of China. The Bachelor of Architecture curriculum of the department of Architecture is designed to provide the student with a comprehensive educational experience, gaining knowledge and skills in preparation for the successful and ethical practice of architecture. Design studios and courses build cumulatively over the five years in order to establish a broad and deep foundation of knowledge in architecture and urban design in relation to developments in the sciences, arts, and technology. The curriculum stresses the importance of architecture as a humanistic discipline concerned with the design and construction of habitats in diverse social and ecological conditions, and their corresponding requirements for sustainability and ethical responsibility.
The vision of the Department is to become one of the best architectural schools in the region and to gain international recognition as a leader in architectural education that promotes regional architecture and an interdisciplinary culture of teaching, scholarship and service.
The Architecture Department is dedicated to educating future architectural professionals who have an ethical and critical approach towards architecture. The Department is committed to;
- Graduating future architects who are creative and critical designers, well versed in the discipline technical and professional knowledge and practice
- Developing knowledge and increase awareness on social, cultural and environmental realms of architecture for the ultimate benefit of the built environment and those who use it.
The Architecture Department at Architecture is deeply committed to ensuring that every graduate of the program meets the goals and learning objectives necessary to achieve the highest level of excellence in all of their future endeavors. Graduates of the program should solve Architecture related problems within a greater societal context by doing the following:
- Practice Architecture profession with confidence, global competitiveness and superior work ethics and character.
- Apply professional knowledge and technical skills to produce efficient, creative, and sustainable architectural design solutions.
- Demonstrate high proficiency in critical thinking, communication, and solving complex design problems.
- Pursue a life-long learning to meet evolving built environment and architectural challenges facing the society.
- Be able to pursue advanced study and research at the graduate level.
- Duration: 10 Semesters (5 Years)
- Credit Hrs: 173
Laboratories and other facilities
The department is equipped with the following labs;
- Physics Laboratory
- Computer Laboratory
- Model making Workshop
- Entrance Test in English, Math & Drawing
- DAE (Architecture)
- FSc (Pre-engineering)