The automotive industry is one of the fast growing industries in Pakistan. Industry runs in short of experts in vehicle designing, manufacturing, repairing and maintaining. Seeing such a vast potential for employment, the Department of Automobile Engineering was started to train the students and make them industry ready in areas of automotive and manufacturing.
The Department of Automobile Engineering provides the students with opportunities to advance themselves in their career and become graduated engineers in the speciality of Automobile Engineering. The theoretical components of Automobile Technology are amply supported with exposure to practical situations, in our well-equipped laboratories.
To be a Centre of Excellence in Education and Research in Automobile Engineering, to meet the ever-changing needs of the global automotive industry and the society
To impart a quality technical education and training to the students enabling them to excel in their professional career with a high degree of integrity and ethical standards
- Graduates will possess the knowledge to diagnose and troubleshoot the automotive systems by applying the basic concepts of mathematics, science and engineering.
- Graduates will have exposure to multidisciplinary areas to meet the challenges in automobile industry in the areas of autotronics, vibration, ergonomics and safety systems.
- Graduates will practice engineering with moral, social and ethical values with positive constraints.
The department offers a B.Eng. in Automobile, a 4 year degree program of 161 credit hours in 8 semesters with Course work.
LABORATORY & OTHER FACILITES
The Automobile Engineering Department is committed to provide laboratory facilities, equipment and other infrastructure necessary to create a conducive learning environment for effective delivery of its undergraduate programme. The Department make every reasonable effort to keep these facilities up to date and relevant to the teaching modules. The laboratory facilities in the Department consists of the following laboratories
- Engine Technique
- Auto Chassis
- Auto Electrical & Electronic
- Auto Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Pass in Intermediate/Advanced level or Diploma in technology (DAE).
- Pass aptitude test conducted by department of Automobile Engineering.
- Satisfy the panel of interviewers